Friday, February 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Bear

http://worldwildlife.org/photos/polar-bear--9
found correspondence

Madame Python says: I'm so glad you could come over, Wicky. It's a perfect afternoon for tea. How's it been sorting through your grandparents' stuff?

Miss Cricket says: Well, it's been very interesting. Hats and hat boxes. Tons of rubber bands. They saved everything. I think that's because they lived through the Great Depression. But the best part is that I found some of their correspondence from when they were first married.

Madame Python: These are the famous grandparents that met, got engaged a couple of weeks later and then got married hours before your grandfather was deployed in World War II? Helen and Walter? 

Miss Cricket: Right, my mother's parents. Well, it seems that my grandfather kept some letters that my grandmother wrote just after he deployed. I found two of them yesterday and I brought them to show you. You're not going to believe it. She calls him "Mr. Bear."

Madame Python: How long were they married, Wicky?

Miss Cricket: Well, let's see... he passed away just after their 57th wedding anniversary. I think there might be more of these letters, but you've got to see these first two that I found. She must have had lined paper underneath this white writing paper because her writing is just perfectly lined up. And the paper is fragile. It must have been fragile to begin with – that thin airmail paper. And she doesn't have any other notes in these letters. From start to finish it is just a letter to "Mr. Bear" in both cases. Here. Read these…

***

Dear Mr. Bear,

I accept your thoughtful invitation to visit your bear cave after my switchboard work today.  I should arrive around 6:00 p.m.

I will bring chocolate if you will make tea.

I am certain your intentions are honorable.  However, if your intentions are not honorable, then my intentions are not honorable either.

And if your intentions are not honorable, then please be certain that your bear cave is warm, your bear bed is soft, and promise that you will not bite.

I promise not to bite.  And I promise to brush your fur.  And I promise to kiss your nose if you fall asleep.  And I promise to make you very happy before you fall asleep.

Thank you for the key to your bear cave.  May I keep it?

Yours truly,

Miss Emerald

*** 

Darling Mr. Bear,

Thank you for the wonderful time the other night.  You are the most wonderful bear I've ever met.  (Actually, you are the only bear I've ever met - but you are still wonderful.)

Thank you for the tea.  And thank you for the honey in the tea.  That was very kind of you.

Your teeth are very sharp.  Thank you for only touching me with your teeth and not biting.  Your fur is very soft.  May I comb your fur again?

I was wondering if when I arrive at your bear cave on Friday night, if we could leave the candles lit this time.  I was so fascinated when I climbed into your bear bed.  It was very warm and soft, and you were very warm and soft.  And when you gripped my back with your claws and touched your teeth to my neck, something amazing happened.  I lost all sense of time.  I lost all sense of everything except you.  Your claws, your teeth, your fur.  It was as if I was swimming in you.  And then when you kissed me, the whole world spun around.  It is possible that we were floating.  And then the most profound pleasure washed over me in waves.  My eyes were closed, but I think we traveled far far into the night stars.  All I could breathe was you.  All I could see was you.  All I could know was you.  I know we landed back in your bed with three great groans.  And it is possible that you embraced me a little too tightly.  You are very very strong you know.  But after you relaxed your bear embrace, I was able to breathe again.  Anyway, all this was fascinating, and I was wondering if you could leave the candles lit tomorrow night.  I do not know if I will be able to keep my eyes open, but if I am able to keep my eyes open, I would like to see us floating and see the stars nearby and the world swirling around.  Did you see the stars nearby?

And I am also wondering what magic you send to me during the day when we are apart.  It is as if your tender bear self is next to me as I move about in my day.  And even when we are not together in the night, it is as if your gentle bear self is next to me in my night.  Is this special bear magic?  Is it special Monongahela bear magic?

Well, I feel as if I am a very very lucky young lady to have met not only a wonderful bear, but a wonderful magic Monongahela bear.

See you tomorrow!

Miss Emerald

P.S.  I will bring more chocolate.  -me

***



Copyright 2013, Elizabeth Cricken, All Rights Reserved

image credit: http://worldwildlife.org/photos/polar-bear--9

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate has always seemed erotic to me, but not so much tea or bears, at least not til now. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete