Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wild Blue Yonder


poem

Miss Cricket says: Madame Python, today's topic is inspired by the recent Cherry Blossom parade in Washington, DC.

Madame Python says: Miss Cricket, good selection. I try to attend this annual event because a lot of wealthy lonely Japanese men tend to wander amongst my friends this time of year. It's a good time to get an invitation to Tokyo. Long flights. Mile high club platinum member.

Miss Cricket: Well, I was thinking more about haiku - a form of poetry that becomes popular during the Cherry Blossom festival.

Madame Python: Let me guess, you found a haiku to offer up today. Am I going to understand this one, Wicky?

Miss Cricket: Listen.


signs and flags in the wind
you looked at the sand on my lips
and didn't say my name


Madame Python: I feel sad. I feel sad listening to that crap. You know, if a Japanese guy looks at my lips, believe me, he'll be saying my name. Here's one for you.


up we go
into the wild blue yonder
flying high over the sea.
no we don't
need any help dear stewardess;
i'm helping him, ahem,
and he's helping me.
dropped my ring
on the floor
in front of him.
can you get us some extra blankets now please?


Miss Cricket: Honestly, Py. First of all, that wasn't a haiku. Secondly, ...

Madame Python: Secondly, I wasn't done.

Miss Cricket: Oh, yes, you were.

Madame Python: Okay, Wicky, impromptu haiku aficionado, do you have one to go out with today?

Miss Cricket: Thanks, Py, yes. I have one more from the same poet.


cranes call in two lines
blue sky beyond leafless branches
four shoes crunch gravel




Copyright 2013, Elizabeth Cricken, All Rights Reserved

image credit: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83999940/origami-cranes-100-large-floral-pattern

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, what was that haiku author up to? Oddly, my dog was writing haikus yesterday too. Must be a parallel life thing. Thanks for sharing Py & Wicki, I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete